Work as part of a team responsible for providing Engineering Services for various automotive, commercial, agricultural and other industry manufacturers/providers. Project Engineer to work within the Industrial / Manufacturing Group (IMES) supporting/leading planning, layout development, conceptual design, feasibility and integration of current and future Programs.
Experience: 4-8 Years min.
Functional Area : Quality Engineer (E&E competency)
Industry type : Agricultural/ Construction Equipment
Location: Southfield, MI.
Designation: Senior Engineer or Lead Engineer
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Working knowledge of FCA / GM / Ford Standards, Processes and Plant shop floor experience
- Experience with various type of conveyance systems (inverted or overhead Power & Free, skillet or 2 strand systems, etc.)
- 3D layout experience utilizing AutoCAD and Inventor
- Experience with Production or Manufacturing experience in Stamping, BIW,
- General Assembly, Engine or Transmission.
- Experience with Factory CAD, Navisworks, etc.
- Ability to travel on a Domestic or Global standpoint
- Support/lead the layout development and integration process for various projects covering (engine, transmission, general assembly, BIW) in North America
- Support/lead layout development/coordination meetings, develop and maintain open issues list(s), and facilitate a cross-functional layout development process
- Provide layout subject matter support across various Plants, Programs and (IMES) customers
- Develop bid specifications and scope of work in support of new equipment/conveyor systems being integrated
- Develop preliminary equipment/conveyor cost estimates in support of Program requirements
- Work with and lead OEMs to design/build/test/integrate various equipment
- Support/lead installation level design/detail drawings as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering
- Good software skillset with AutoCAD, 3D layout experience, etc.
- Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing setting
- Good oral and written communication skills enabling interaction within all levels of the organization and/or with respective customers
- Good Analytical ability and problem-solving skillset
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute projects
- Ability to effectively organize and lead meetings/workshops
- Comfortable working with multiple customers/programs
Please fill the required details