- Experience: 6-8 Years min.
- Functional area: Quality Engineer (E&E competency)
- Industry type: Agricultural/ Construction Equipment
- Location: Wichita- 1 position, Fargo- 1 position, Burlington- 1 position
- Designation: Senior Engineer or Lead Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Interface with the customer/customer databases to analyze warranty claims and parts.
- Establish reporting of warranty costs and warranty analysis
- Responsible for a layered analysis and reporting out of root cause for customer returns.
- Segregate the failures into different bucket/s – Problem definition(s)
- Mastery of various customer warranty systems like 8D, 7 step QC, 5 why analysis, KAIZEN etc.
- Participate in warranty part analysis and reviews.
- Complete initial evaluation on warranty returns using a structured root cause analysis methodology.
- Preparation of samples for failure analysis to determine the root cause for product failure and identify the failure mode
- Request/initiate/conduct/coordinate the tests required if any
- Analyze test results to ensure that the data is valid and that the test was in conformance with all applicable standard methods.
- Generate comprehensive test reports that document results & conclusions, reference applicable standards and provide part/project traceability.
- Regular interaction with the supplier to identify & confirm the failure modes.
- Knowledge of finding containment, corrective & permanent corrective action for the failure modes.
- Interact & collaborate with the responsible teams like engineering, manufacturing, quality etc. to implement the corrective action.
- Responsible for the output in terms of warranty cost reduction after the solution/changes are implemented.
- Should have sound knowledge of Electronics & Electrical components and subsystems in the vehicle/equipment
- Should be able to understand the functionality and application engineering of the hardware intended to be used or used in the equipment
- Should have a good understanding of testing and validation requirements of the components and subsystems.
- Should have worked in a collaborative environment with the purchasing, supplier quality engineering teams & product validation& testing teams.
- Prior Experience of working directly with the Tier-1 and Tier- 2 suppliers is desirable in this role.
- Good awareness and understanding of the software applications is an added advantage.
- Should have hands-on experience in the quality and reliability management processes and should have strong technical skills to analyze the failures and countermeasures.
- Strong project documentation skills and communication skills required.
- Ability to read specification and drawings
- Quality Management tools like 7QC tools, RCA, 8D.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Please fill the required details