City : Burr Ridge
Industry : Engineering
Experience : 5 + years Location : Burr Ridge, IL Education : BE., / B.Tech/ MS/MTech - Embedded/Electronics/ Software Industry type : Automobile / Auto ancillary / Heavy Engineering Functional Area : Embedded Software Development and Testing Desired Skills: · Software Developer from Automotive Embedded Domain · MUST have at least 4 years of MATLAB,SIMULINK & STATEFLOW experience with Auto-code generation in Target Link & Embedded Coder · Must have experience on Model year based software development · Hands on experience in software development in Automotive systems and sub systems · Hands on Experience in object oriented (OO) software development, preferably with C/C++ · Hands on Experience in Unit testing, Independent Validation & Verification IV&V · Experience with multi-threaded programming, UDP/IP and TCP/IP programming is highly desired · Competence in the development of real time embedded software to control can bus based vehicle control systems. · Demonstrated ability operating in a group software development environment is required · Experience with software configuration management is desired. · Application development experience for embedded products including user interface. · Experience developing and debugging software for microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. LCD controllers, boot loaders, interrupt and trap functions, serial and parallel interfaces, USB, Ethernet, EEPROM, etc.) · Network based communications (GPRS, 3G, HSDPA, TCP/IP) · Serial based communications (RS232, RS485, CANBus, USB) · Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, J1939, ISO11783, TCP/IP, etc.) · Electricity industry protocols (ModBus, DNP3, IEC60870, IEC61850) · ARM hardware platform (ATMEL SAM9 Micro-controller) · Additional desired skills include competence using, 1. Linux/Eclipse 2. Qt 3. UI frameworks 4. Computational Geometry 5. OpenGL 6. Databases/SQL 7. Enterprise Architect 8. DDS Middleware 9. WinCE
Qualification :· Experience with software performance monitoring tools such as time-stamping,
· Experience with debugging tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
· Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and software test automation
· Experience with multi-language encoding systems such as Unicode
· Experience leading development in large scale, multi-component, embedded systems
Language & Database knowledge
- C or C++ (including drivers, memory management, and efficient driver communication methods) for microcontrollers, ARM processors, DSPs, and/or PSoCs.
- OO and real-time operating system (RTOS) software design or task schedulers
- Experience with UDP, TCP/IP, CAN or other networking communication protocols
- Open Embedded build environment
- Multi-threaded application experience.
- Requirements capture, specification writing and system design
- Test design and documentation
View jobs by region
Also hiring for
Send in your CVs
You are free to send us your CV to globalhiring[at]caresoftglobal.com. We will let you know if an opening comes up that suits your profile.